Thursday, March 16, 2017

We are official residents of Poland!

Woot woot! We are finally official residents of Poland!

This process started back on November 4 - seems like a lifetime ago!  Our relocation company set up an appointment for us at the Department of Foreigners to apply for our residence cards.  Thank goodness that we had help with all the paperwork, as we have friends here who didn't have any assistance, and it sounds like a nightmare! We have been told that when you receive your appointment date and time, you make it work, no matter what! If you cancel your granted appointment time, it could take a month or more to get another one. Thankfully we were in town!

Andy is a little nutso about being early to big appointments like this, which I am grateful for, but we seriously arrived an hour and a half early.  To pass the time, we sat in a little Greek cafe across the street and enjoyed the fact that we didn't have to wait in this crazy line.


One piece of the puzzle were these fun little pictures that we had to get for our residence cards.  No smiling.  Doesn't Andy look like he is in a mafia or something! Ha! It only took us a good hour, and a lot of bribing, to get Reese to sit still for the picture at the photo place. And that Beckett Joseph - I could stare at him all day!

Our corny pic - documenting the process!

While Andy was in the appointment with our relocation company rep for 45 minutes, I sat out in the hallway watching I Mom So Hard videos! If you haven't seen these hilarious ladies - look them up! I am sure others were thinking I was crazy as I sat in the corner and laughed! Seriously, so funny!

I sat next to this cutie for most of the time!
Then it was my turn to join the meeting and Andy was asked to wait out in the hallway - such an interesting process.  I had to give my signature a couple times, scan my fingerprints and we were on our way!

Finally, at the end of February, we had another appointment at the Department of Foreigners and got our official cards!

More paperwork!

Now we can legally buy a car! More on that coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment