Sunday, March 5, 2017

Sweet Six Sunday

This week was full of fun events, a lot of jet lag and BEAUTIFUL weather!!!

one. Each week I tackle our meal plan for the week and often feel defeated as I am never certain on what I can find here.  I usually have to go to a couple different stores to get it all.  This week, I wanted to make Shredded Beef Enchiladas from Iowa Girl Eats - http://iowagirleats.com/2014/06/02/crock-pot-shredded-beef-enchiladas/.

Unfortunately I couldn't find corn tortillas, enchilada sauce, green chilis or chuck roast - basically all the key ingredients, SO I used shredded chicken, Mexican sauce (not sure exactly what it was) mixed with salsa, black beans and flour tortillas instead.  It was still delicious, but I cannot wait to make some meals this summer where I know that I can get ALL the ingredients at ONE place and save myself time and frustration!


two. Jet lag hit me pretty hard on Wednesday so I sat at the counter and listed to a Family Systems Webinar with Power of Moms.  It was a 24 hour only webinar on various family systems that every family should have in place to be a functional family (Discipline System, Economic System and Family Identity/Culture), but if you are looking for any parenting tips, it is a great website.

https://powerofmoms.com/


three. Friday morning we headed to the science museum in Warsaw - Copernicus Science Centre with three other families.  We packed seven people into Kristy's van and headed into the city.  We first went to the children's play area, which included a large water play area.  Thankfully I brought a second set of clothing for the kids as there were no big plastic smocks to cover their clothing.  Evie even got up on the water table and into the water! We didn't last very long, after leaving the toddler area, as the kids wanted to run in separate ways and I couldn't keep up.  Those backpacks with straps sounded amazing at the time!

Evie just hanging out in the water table!
The crew
four. We went to our first kids' birthday party - Miss Evie turned 2! As the kids ran around and played, the adults chatted, and it felt like home.  We have missed these chaotic get togethers that we frequently had back in MN, and it was nice to have that feeling return - this is now our home.

Evie turned 2!



five. We headed out on a double date with our good friends, Tiffany and Bill, at Brasserie Warszawska.  We had great conversation, lots of laughs and met Bill's good friend - aka the manager. :) Bill eats there quite often with work, so they have developed a wonderful relationship. He he! I kid! He did bring us a 1982 red wine from France that was delicious. 


six. We spent this morning exploring at the Kabaty Forest as we had beautiful weather.  I was there a couple weeks ago when we tried (and failed) to cross country ski, and knew that I wanted to return once the weather was better! Today was the day! This park has walking paths, kids' area, pool (for the summertime), little cabins to rent, amphitheater and lots of open running space! We LOVED it!

She hasn't like pics lately, so this is what we got when Andy tried to take a pic!


ONE MORE THING! We booked our tickets back to the States for the summer!!! Woot woot! We are heading back on June 12, and the kids and I will be home until August 3! Eight weeks!!! We cannot wait!

Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment